Advertisement: Click here to learn how to Generate Art From Text
The big Nothing Phone 2 upgrade to Android 14 was released in DecemberSeveral weeks after the initial release, Nothing began a mass rollout. Nothing has started pushing another build to fix bugs and add improvements.
Not all Phone 2 owners are going to see the update at once. If it’s anything like the Android 14 upgrade, you could wait weeks to see it.
When you install Nothing OS 2.5.2, there will be improvements to the visual effects on your lockscreen, the icons in the Status Bar, fingerprint unlocking as well as the stability of call and connection quality. You’ll also get “direct access to the Glyph Interface’s Music Visualization feature” and network setting directly in the Quick Settings area.
As for bug fixes, they are few. Nothing fixed a few items in Glyph. A bug that allowed music to playback while on calls was also not fixed. Below is a list of all the new features.
Nothing OS 2.5.2
- Get direct access to the Glyph Interface’s Music Visualisation feature (some of you may have already discovered it).
- You can now set your network directly via Quick Settings, without unlocking the device.
- Visual effects refined on the lock screen interface.
- Optimised icons display in the status bar.
- Improved success rate for fingerprint unlocking.
- Improved transition animations in the Photos widget.
- Improved stability and quality of calls and connections.
- Improved the game dashboard’s FPS to ensure it regularly updates.
- Resolved issue that caused the Glyph Switch to automatically activate in certain scenarios.
- Fixed an issue where the volume was automatically changed during Flip to Symbol.
- Glyph no longer shuts down automatically when it is not part of the Bedtime Schedule.
- Resolved the music playback issue so that it doesn’t play during incoming phone calls in Vibrate mode.
- Double-tapping power button to launch Wallet.
- Solved a bug that caused the battery percentage not to appear in status bar.
- Fixed stability issues in NFC functionality.